Thank God It’s Friday!
Murphy’s Laws of Computing
- When computing, whatever happens, behave as though you meant it to happen.
- When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it’s probably obsolete.
- The first place to look for information is in the section of the manual where you least expect to find it.
- When the going gets tough, upgrade.
- For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.
- To err is human.. to blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human, it is downright natural.
- He who laughs last probably made a back-up.
- If at first you do not succeed, blame your computer.
- A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.
- The number one cause of computer problems is computer solutions.
- A computer program will always do what you tell it to do, but rarely what you want to do.
Image of the week
Do you remember?
5 years ago
- Facebook’s problematic public listing could cost those involved $115 million from technical glitches
- Minecraft is released on Xbox Live Arcade
- Linux kernel 3.4 released
10 years ago
- Google releases Google Street View
- StarCraft II is announced by Blizzard Entertainment
- Mortal Kombat: Armageddon launched on WII.
20 years ago
- Intel releases the Pentium II processor (233, 266 and 300 MHz versions). The Pentium II features a larger on-chip cache as well as an expanded instruction set.
- Deep Blue defeats Garry Kasparov 3.5-2.5 in chess
- Blood game released for Windows